In-person racing is back!
Celebrate St Valentine's Day with the Love the Run You're With 5K
Due to COVID-19 gathering restrictions, the Love the Run You're With 5K will be done in a safe, socially-distanced time trial fashion.
- The 5K race will be held on Sunday morning February 14, 2021 at WakeMed Soccer Park (Soccer Park Drive, Cary NC)
- Runners register for a 30-minute arrival/start window. You must arrive at WakeMed Soccer Park during the 30-minute arrival window you selected when registering. (If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your half-hour window.)
- Wear a face mask from the time you arrive until you are the next runner to start.
- During your 30-minute arrival window, check in to receive your race bib/chip then head to the start area where you will line up single file, spaced 6' apart, as your move single-file toward the start line.
- Remove your mask when you are at the start line ready to start. Our official Starter will let you know when you can start your time trial style race. (Family members living together may choose to start together.)
- After you have crossed the finish line and caught your breath, please put your mask back on. Grab a bottled water, collect your race shirt and Valentine candy then head home to watch the LIVE results online.
- These restrictions may be modified as required to meet state and local COVID guidelines.
Love the Run You're With is the 1st race of the 2021 Triangle Race Series.
Fleet Feet Sports of Raleigh/Morrisville is providing gift card awards for the top 3 overall M&F and the top M&F in these age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Through Dec 31 $25
- Jan 1 - Jan 31 $31
- Feb 1 - Feb 14 $36
- Couple (2 runners):
- Through Dec 31 $45
- Jan 1 - Jan 31 $57
- Feb 1 - Feb 14 $68
- GIFT Registration: Give a registration to your favorite runner(s) for $25. We'll send an email on Christmas Eve/Day notifying the recipient of your gift along with a personal promo code they will use to register for free.
- Register by Jan 31 to be guaranteed a race shirt.
For those who chose the Virtual Race...
What is a virtual race and how does it work?
Run your race any time between Saturday February 13 and Sunday Feb 21. Run your distance anywhere you want. For ideas on courses of the correct distance you could search MapMyRun.com or RunKeeper.com or Strava.com or simply start running and measure your route as you run using the free IYR Virtual mobile app.
"IYR Virtual" Mobile App
Use the free IYR Virtual mobile app to track, measure, and time your walk/run. The app will notify you when you have completed your distance and prompt you to add your time to the online results. It will even let you upload a selfie/photo from your phone which will be included with your online results.
If you don't want to use the IYR Virtual app you may measure/time your run with another app (e.g. MapMyRun, RunKeeper, or Strava) or your GPS or just time yourself with your watch. After your run go to the ONLINE RESULTS, find your name under your distance, click the "Update Time" button and type in your time.
We invite local Triangle NC area non-profit running clubs to be one of our race charities. Runners will have the option to make an additional donation to these clubs as they register!
We welcome the nOg Run Club
as our first race charity. The nOg Run Club raises money for a dozen Triangle-area charities and uses Precision Race for race timing of their events (St Paddy's 4 Miler & Oktoberfest 4 Miler).Course Map
The 5K will use the standard WakeMed Soccer Park 5K Cross Country course. it is all off road; a mix of field and paths in the woods. Please familiarize yourself with the course.